dj's bay area, dj's, bay area, bay area dj's, bay area dj, dj's bay area bay area dj, dj, bay area, wedding, san jose, san francisco, dj's bay area, bay area dj's, bay area disc jockey, disc jockey bay area, wedding, san jose, Bay area..
Selecting Your Disc Jockey
Through the years we have talked with many people that have had, or have seen a party ruined by an inexperienced / unprofessional Disc Jockey. Remember, the music will be one of the most important parts of your party. If the Dj you hire doesn't have much experience, or you are getting a price too good to be true, he probably has just enough experience to ruin your party. I hate to say this but, this is one of those times that you will get what you pay for. I know it can be a challenging task finding the right company for your event, especially if you have never done it before. Below you will find an outline that will give you the knowledge you need in choosing the right entertainer for your party. Remember, you can't redo that special day. So please take your time and really check out who you are considering of hiring. Thanks.
Beware of On Line References: they are generally set up as a letter from a supposedly past clients and will usually say something like this:
"Really helped to make our wedding reception a special day and met our every expectation and more. Thank you!"
"We all had such a great time dancing to the music you played. Everyone is raving! Thanks again for everything!"
"We would recommend you much better than other DJs we've seen at other weddings we been to. Thanks!"
Who are these people?? Do they really exist?? Why do they not allow you to talk with them?? Do not go with those. Anybody can type up some letters and make them selves sound like a million bucks, just like I did here. You want to actually talk with recent past clients. Remember, after all the hours of planning, and all the expense of your event, success will come right down to how well your entertainer does his or her job. An Experienced Entertainer will make all the difference in the world towards the final out come of your event.
Be careful of disc jockey companies that claim to be The Best or Voted No.1, or who say they are Award Winning there is somebody that is always better, and there is no voting, or no awards given out, they are misrepresenting themselves to you.
Two Disc Jockeys For The Price Of One: What a deal!!, or is it??? Some companies will tell you that they send out two disc jockeys to your event because you get a better performance that way. NOT TRUE, you only need one experienced dj at your event. The reason they send out two disc jockeys is because one does not have enough experience to handle your event, and what you will actually end up getting is two disc jockeys with minimal experience.
Licensing and Bonding There is no actual licensing or bonding for disc jockeys, except for local city or county business licenses, if required by them at all .
Insurance: Every Disc Jockey should carry liability insurance.
What To Look For When Choosing Your Disc Jockey
1) EXPERIENCE: After all the hours of planning, and all the expense of your event, success will come right down to how well your disc jockey does his or her job. An Experienced Dj will make all the difference in the world towards the final out come of your event.
2) CURRENT REFERENCES: I ALWAYS offer current references, WITHOUT BEING ASKED. This way, you can talk to the people who have hired my services RECENTLY and get their unbiased opinion of my performance. If a company DOES NOT OFFER current references, it would make me wonder, WHY NOT? If they, and the people that work for them are qualified to do the job, they should offer them to everyone who calls - every time. That is one of the main differences between a Professional Entertainer and an Amateur who does this as a hobby or for some extra money on the weekends.
3) BACKUP EQUIPMENT: Carrying Back-up equipment will insure that THE SHOW WILL GO ON. Lack of a spare Amp, Mixer, CD Player, etc. ON SITE will mean THE END of entertainment at your event or function.
4) BEWARE OF MIDDLEMEN: Talent Agencies, Booking Agents and some Mobile DJ. Companies will book as many parties as they possibly can, knowing they do not have the "ON STAFF" personal to cover the events. They will then call every independent DJ. they can find until they have found enough people to cover the bookings. To these people, quality and professionalism mean nothing. With them the bottom line is the almighty buck. They will often use LESS EXPERIENCED (cheaper) talent to maximize their profits. By dealing directly with a Professional Mobile Disc Jockey Service, you know WHO you are booking, and WHAT you will be getting.
5) LIVE AUDITIONS: Are important for choosing your Dj. VIDEO and AUDIO TAPES are often staged for sales purposes only and not a true representation of an actual performance. This way, you can see exactly what you will be getting for your hard earned dollar.
6) MUSIC RESOURCES: A Professional Mobile DJ company will always carry a wide variety of music covering all styles of danceable music, from the Big Band Swing Era, right up thru the latest dance hits of today. This enables them to cover almost any request they receive from you and your guests.
7) EXPERIENCE - PROFESSIONALISM - CO-OPERATION: These are all qualities to look for when choosing your disc jockey. A successful Party is the result of many things coming together, in the right way and, at the right time. CHOOSE CAREFULLY AND WISELY.
As the owner of AB PRODUCTIONS, I realize that many of you may be doing this for the first time. I hope this outline will help you select the best possible Professional Entertainer you can find. If you have any questions, or if I can be of any service to you please feel free to contact me at any time.
.Call Us at (408) 660-8128
djs bay area, djs, bay area, bay area djs, bay area dj, djs bay area bay area dj, dj, bay area, wedding, san jose, san francisco, dj's bay area, bay area dj's, bay area disc jockey, disc jockey bay area, wedding, san jose, san francisco bay area dj, dj san francisco bay area, San Jose dj, dj san jose, san jose disc jockey, disc jockey san jose, disc jockey bay area, san jose dj's, bay area disc jockey, bay area disc jockeys, bay area dj, dj bay area, san francisco bay area, San Jose dj, dj san jose, san jose disc jockey, disc jockey san jose, disc jockey bay area, san jose dj's, bay area disc jockey, bay area disc jockeys, bay area dj, dj bay area, california, Ca.Mobile Disc Jockeys service varies from one event to another. Whether it's for a wedding, reception, birthday, anniversary, reunion, car show, dance music, convention, trade show, or a corporate event, company Christmas party or even a private party, an experienced DJ is the key to a successful event. Bay Area Wedding Disc Jockeys service these cities. San Jose, Los Gatos, Campbell, Sunnyvale, San Francisco, Palo Alto, Santa Cruz, Los Altos, Santa Clara, Freemont. Sausalito, Redwood City, San Mateo, Menlo Park Mountain View, Milpitas, Fremont, Pleasanton, Pittsburg, Walnut Creek. San Jose California DJ, Silicon Valley area: Cupertino, Campbell, Saratoga, Felton, Ben Lomond, Almaden, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, Aptos, Watsonville, Monterey, Carmel, CA Bay Area Disc Jockey.